ARAFAT KARIM is a proud member of the design team of the Liberation War Museum of Bangladesh. Further, he is a front line cartoonist at the pioneering monthly satire magazine UNMAD, Comic book writer and Artist at Dhaka Cartoon, and contributing cartoonist at the leading Bangladeshi Bengali daily, ‘Prothom Alo’. He is a member of Bangladesh Cartoonist Association.
Karim has received the Prime Minister Gold Medal in 2014 for his academic achievements. He has also received several awards for anti-corruption cartoon competition including 5th Tone International Miniature Art Biennale 2015. Other awards include 1st Prize in the art competition ‘India@Bangladesh’ in 2016, organized by the Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre, High Commission of India in Dhaka. He has a number of solo and group exhibitions in various mediums of art at his credit those includes cartoon exhibition, digital art exhibition, watercolour exhibition and more. Arafat Karim’s artworks are collection at High Commission of India in Dhaka.
MFA – Obtaining the 1st Position with First Class at Faculty of Fine Art, Department of Drawing and Painting, University of Dhaka, 2016.
BFA – Obtaining the 1st Position with First Class at Faculty of Fine Art, Department of Drawing and Painting, University of Dhaka, 2014.
Monthly Cartoon Magazine, Dhaka
Comic book writer and Artist (January 2012-present)
The Daily Prothom Alo, Dhaka
contribute cover and cartoons at the Fun Supplement section “Rosh+Alo” ,”Kishor Alo”.
Bangladesh Cartoonist Association.
Member ((January 2012-present)
PRIME MINISTER GOLD MEDAL 2014 from University Grant Commission in recognition of academic excellence.
Anti-corruption cartoon competition award
- 1st prize winner 2010, Group A.
- 2nd prize winner 2011, Group B.
- 1st prize winner 2012, Group B.
- 1st prize winner 2013, Group B.
- 2nd prize winner 2014, Group B.
- 1st prize winner 2015, Group B.
- 2nd prize winner at cartoon against climate change 2015, Group B.
- 1st prize winner 2016, Group B by TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL BANGLADESH.
- 1st prize winner, IMPACT’s Greetings Card Competition 2003, IMPACT Foundation, UK.
- 3rd prize – Jatio Shishu Purashkar Protijogita 2006.
- Best figure painting award, 5th Tone International Miniature Art Biennale 2015.
1st prize-an art competition titled ”India@Bangladesh” organized by the Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre, High Commission of India in Dhaka, August 2016.
- Anti-corruption Cartoon Exhibition, organized by Ttransparency International Bangladesh – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, &
- Annual art exhibition. Faculty of Fine Art, Dhaka University-2010,2011,2012,2014,2015,2016.
- Bunon art space exhibition,rajbari-2010,2012.
- 19th young artist fine arts exhibition-2014
- 20th young artist fine arts exhibition-2016
- UNMAD Cartoon Exhibition – 2012 & 2016, annual cartoon exhibition on creating awareness to plant trees.
- Bangladesh Cartoon fest -2012,2014.2017, annual cartoon festival organized by Bangladesh Cartoonist Association.
- 6th Friendship Art Exhibition 2015 at Bangldesh Shilpakala Academy.
- 5th Tone International Miniature Art Biennale 2015, Bangladesh.
- WATER RHYEMS-3, group watercolor exhibition in 2015 at Gallery Kaya.
- BIGYAPAN, a group art exhibition of 18th Batch Faculty Of Fine Arts, University of Dhaka, at Zainul Gallery on January 2015.
- Digital Art Exhibition 2015 at Zainul Gallery.
- INDIA@BANGLADESH, an art exhibition organized by the High Commission of India in Dhaka on August 2016.
- Imago Mundi Luciano Benetton Collection, Creative Density: Contemporary Art of the Golden Bengal. Curated by Aman Mojadidi,
High Commission Of India In Dhaka.