- Since 2015, ‘Kala Kendra’ is a non-profit artist-run space for contemporary visual art.
- An Art Hub for Bangladeshi contemporary and multidisciplinary art practice.
- A platform for presenting experimental context-oriented art and Bangladeshi art history.
- A center that try to promote experimental art practitioners, and create artistic discourse.
- We want to make a platform for artistic presentation, debates, discussions, curation and critical analysis.
- Explore, invite, collaborate, curate and present art.
- Encourage critical analysis and understanding of art, language concentrating on the contextual issues of personal to collective and local to global.
- After researching on certain issues we create themes and organize series of exhibitions to understand several perspectives and positions.
- Organize artist talks and discussions giving importance to the relation between art, artists and viewers.
- Exhibition presentation and propaganda is carried out considering limited resources and environmental issues.
- In the curatorial journey, our presentation and design focus into the artists’ thought process, emotional attachment to their work aesthetics.
- Since 2015, Kala Kendra has arranged 24 solo, 4 group exhibitions, 34 Artist Talk and 14 art lectures along with several art workshops and screenings of art related films.
- Kala Kendra’s partner organization, ‘Kibria Printmaking Studio’ has hosted 5 graphic art fairs, and several exhibitions and workshops.
- Kala Kendra has published 23 exhibition catalogues.
- Since August 2017, Kala Generations jointly organizes its exhibitions those are held in Dhaka also in Chattogram, the second largest city in Bangladesh with Bistaar Gallery, Chittagong Shilpakala Academy and Artist Rashid Chawdhury Art Gallery.
Kala Kendra Artist